Deployed as a 3D add-in for Microsoft Excel, XLCoreBlock allows you to create and embed 3D drill holes and block models directly within Microsoft Excel.
XLCoreBlock is the simplest, most cost-effective, and robust tool available to anyone who wants to visualize drill holes and interpolate block models without leaving Microsoft Excel.
Download XLCoreBlock v5.0
The new XLCoreBlock v5.0 (released on Feb., 02, 2022) includes several major enhancements on top of 4.x, including:
- Hardware rendering mode for plotting large data sets.
- Greatly enhanced Gridded Surface and Contour plots with new Projection Plane option.
- Ability to export coordinate points of gridded surfaces to Excel worksheets.
- Bubble plot type
- 32-bit and 64-bit installers are now merged into a single installer which automatically detects the version of Excel installed on the user’s computer and installs the correct XLCoreBlock version accordingly.
Installation & License Activation
- For Windows 7, 8, 10, 11 or Vista, XLCoreBlock can now be installed on both Administrator and Standard User accounts.
- XLCoreBlock does NOT support Windows XP or lower.
- Uninstall the existing version of XLCoreBlock, if any.
- Download and run XLCoreBlock installer.
- If you are installing XLCoreBlock on a Standard user account, the installer will ask you to enter an administrator’s user name and password. After successful installation, you will be automatically returned to your Standard User account.
- Note that the installer only installs XLCoreBlock for the user account currently logged in. If you wish to install XLCoreBlock for all users on a single machine, repeat the above steps.
- Start Excel as an Administrator. To do that, click Windows Start button, type Excel. Microsoft Excel xxxx shortcut shall show-up. Hold down Ctrl+Shift keys and then right mouse click on Microsoft Excel xxxx, choose Run as administrator to start Excel.
- Under ThreeDify XLCoreBlock add-in menu within Excel, select License Manager and then select “3D Graphing or SurfaceFit” as the module name, and then hit Activate button.
- Copy and paste your XLCoreBlock Product Key, aka License Key, provided by ThreeDify (you need to email ThreeDify for a trial license).
- Restart Excel as usual and your XLCoreBlock license shall be activated.
Note that another way to start Excel as an Administrator at Step 1 above is to right mouse click on any Excel shortcut (from Windows Start menu most likely), choose Properties, switch to Compatibility tab and set “Run this program as an administrator” checkbox to “on”. If that is done, then you need to set this checkbox “off” before performing the last step above.